Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging with LED Street Lamps Question

I'm currently considering building a observatory/shed at the side of my house. This would open up a lot of sky for my observing/imaging pleasures at the front of my house (in a cul de sac) which I could do in relative privacy and my neighbors wouldn't think I'm spying on them :laugh2:.  The only thing that is putting me off is one of these bright LED street lamps which is directly below the direction I would be mostly pointing.  Would the effects of this streetlamp make this en devour not worth while (more specifically in the imaging department)?

thanks

-Scott

The property i just moved out of had the street lamps changed 2 weeks before i moved,it's sort of a semi-rural area a bit away from some large housing estate lighting.

I did notice however that my back garden seemed considerably darker as the street lamps seen from garden didn't seem to be anywhere near as noticable...probably as LED lights direct down more and dont spill out like the oreange vapour lights.

As for pitching your obsy and for imaging i would do a few imaging tests to see what results you get.

Goodluck and post update how you get on.

Archived