Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Swapping mounts, same HC?

You probably can swap two Nexstar+ handsets, as I have swapped Nexstar and Nexstar+ handsets on my dissimilar mounts, but I don't see the point as the data you might have to enter (Lat & Long?) is trivial and it might be very inconvenient to swap the handsets back if something doesn't work.  Some settings are stored in the mount.

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

You probably can swap two Nexstar+ handsets, as I have swapped Nexstar and Nexstar+ handsets on my dissimilar mounts, but I don't see the point as the data you might have to enter (Lat & Long?) is trivial and it might be very inconvenient to swap the handsets back if something doesn't work.  Some settings are stored in the mount.

Thanks Geoff, that is a possibilty so i'll heed your advice and we will exchange HC's as well.

On 29/03/2017 at 13:12, MARS1960 said:

A forum member and myself are swapping mounts/tripods, and AVX for a CGEM, we both have a nexstar+, am i right in thinking we can keep our own hand controllers to save time inputing data again?

Thanks.

I have a CGEM-DX and an AVX often swapping the controllers, I make sure I update both at the same time tho', and if I revert to a prior version for firmware down grade both the same day.

Archived