Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Late Rosette

laser_jock99

First imaging session since Christmas- so a bit unfamiliar with my gear.....anyway first target was the Rosette rapidly dipping into the north west

NGC2244 Rosette Nebula, 5x 180s subs with 12" F4 Newtonian scope and full spectrum Canon 40D @ ISO1000. From dark site in Mid Wales.

IMG_1478_stack_levels_noels_1024_zps2edl

Finally a 'messy' Jellyfish nebula- right in the corner of the DSLR frame (the image shown is a cropped quarter of the full frame), so the head of the Jelly is not well resolved.

Jellyfish Nebula, 4x 600s subs with 12" F4 Newtonian scope and full spectrum Canon 40D @ ISO1000. From dark site in Mid Wales

IMG_1490_stack_noels_1024_zpslonxmyjy.jp

7 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I just acquired a 40d from a friend, hard to get used to the bigger body and buttons in different places. Seems to perform well!

The Canon 40D seems to work okay, I bought mine cheap second hand and did a DIY full spectrum mod (without re-fitting a further filter)

https://www.lifepixel.com/tutorials/infrared-diy-tutorials/canon-40d-ir

As you can see they pick up the H-alpha nicely and there's no need for the filter if using an all mirror (i.e. Newtonian telescope)

Archived