Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

first Jupiter of year

gonzostar

Looks great. I'm not convinced that guiding will improve the quality, since the exposure time is shorter than what the guiding software can correct. I think you can improve quality by only stacking the best subs. Examine each sub and discard the obvious fuzzies.

Btw, Dean, I don't see your latest acquisition in your signature. Has your APO seen first light yet?

Tonights the night! (weather permitting!) Was having to wait for the correct shoe for finderscope.  Had a play with focus, balance etc this morning. Very exciting 

I do need more subs you are correct and to be vigorous iwith subs i use

I think what Pete was getting at was using the autoguider as a camera instead of the DSLR. Think its worth looking into

Cheers

Dean

Using the guide camera as a planetary camera makes more sense. Is your guide camera a colour camera? If not, you could combine the colour from the DSLR with the luminance (detail) from the guidecam.

Have fun

Archived