NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thanks for the knowledge

Iain L

I just want to say a quick thanks for the knowledge shared on this forum. I don't always post if I have a problem as most things I want to know have already been covered. The amount of information stored on this site when searched is immense. I've spent the last 2 days reading up on a problem with my scope that was down to pinched optics and due to the quality of information I have managed to fix the problem myself. Last night I had such a good view of the stars, which are no longer triangular shaped.

Good to hear. But, in my view, it's even nicer to hear that someone conducted their own research, read up and resolved their problem without automatically defaulting to asking a question that had already been covered sufficiently to resolve your conundrum...

While everyone is ever so friendly and helpful on here, sometimes I feel people type their question a tad too quickly these days...

Whether I was right or wrong I always encouraged those who worked for me to feel able to ask all manner of questions, but to at least approach colleagues with one or two ideas of their own. No matter how daft...

I found out collective problem solving capabilities improved significantly...

Enjoy your pinpoint stars Sir

That's a nice post from you  Iain, and a nice accolade directed at the members of SGL,
with whom the vast knowledge base resides. 
When a  new recruit to astronomy joins the forum, they must be encouraged to ask a question,
or even a hundred questions If necessary. Questions  correctly answered, are a shortcut to the  learning process.

Archived