Jump to content


Need help with telescope piece

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! First time posting. I just bought a second hand telescope and everything its going great except theres this extra piece. No idea what it is or what it does so if anyone could enlighten me that would amazing. Using a 150/750 Newtonian.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome to the forum !

I think the piece you have pictured is the adapter that is used in the scope when you want to use 2" diameter eyepieces or other accessories.

There should be another adapter which will fit the smaller 1.25" eyepieces. You use these adapters separately, ie: don't put them into the focuser at the same time, use either one OR the other one.

If you only have 1.25" eyepieces you wont need the larger adapter.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.