Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ3-2 Synscan Pro mystery object

Relpet

I just bought this mount second-hand.  The seller took me on a tour to sjow it worked, then packed it all into the aluminum case he provided.  Putting it all back together back home I found a piece left over, pictured.

I don't seem to be able to find a use for it.  Any suggestions welcome!

eq3 piece.jpg

Put it between the mount and the tripod (over the retaining bolt) and then the controller block (the funny shaped one not the handset) will clip on to the round tube on the left.  I think it is because initially the mount come with round legs, but more recently with aluminium flat legs and so a mounting point which earths is needed.

Helen

I'm lucky enough to spend half the year in France where I do most of my stargazing.  Friends there just told me they have had three gloriously clear nights in a row!  Oh to be in England?  Not just now...

I am surprised that the latest version of the SW manual I downloaded did not mention that fix so hats off to you - again.

Peter

Archived