Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opticstar eq1300 gt?

Thalestris24

Hi all

Was casually looking at the mount in the title and it seemed very good value. I'm sure I've looked at it before. Some say it's the same as the Bresser Exos-2? However, the latter is quite a bit more expensive. There must be a difference? Also, as far as I can establish, neither has a functional computer interface or Ascom driver which is a bit of a killer. Anyone happen to have any further info on the interface situation? The Opticstar has the potential to enable me to image with a scope outside! But I don't think I'd bother without a proper PC interface.

Louise

Oh well, I suppose I didn't really expect much response to the above post... I did email Opticstar re the computer interface. They just said it's 'under development' but with no timescale. It seems to have been in this state for some time... It's a pity as the eq1300-gt could potentially be ideal for a portable mount carrying a small frac.

Louise

3 hours ago, tony210 said:

You may know this already  but it clearly has an ST4 guider port so you can guide the mount - no experience of this personally however - best wishes Tony

Yes, thanks, but no slew control except via the handset. I'd want to couple it to Stellarium and use platesolving so, unfortunately, it's a no-go :(

Louise

Archived