Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3D interactive map of nearest stars

Ags

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JOC said:

Hi Ags - great news - it just seemed to me entirely instinctive to want to click on the star circles themselves!  LOL  Mind you I couldn't even consider doing anything like this (which is why I was not really qualified to offer any opinion let alone what I saw as a possible improvement! :icon_redface:) so 'hats off' to whatever you manage to develop.

Thank you for the suggestion. It was just a tiny change and it has made the map more intutive and slightly more friendly to small-screen mobile devices (links are harder to miss now).

As an aside, I stumbled across the Ursa Major moving group in the map - Mizar, Megrez and Merak (and Alcor?) all fit in the same view.

I resolved the issueof the stars sometimes not displaying. It was caused by accessing the site on "corporate" networks, namely networks behind services such as ZScaler, which change the origin of requests. This prevents JavaScript from being able to open URLs on the original origin server. Anyway, all fixed now and the site now loads successfully even in these situations.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived