Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp.jpg

jambouk

Penumbral eclipse

26 posts in this topic

Thanks, Andrew!

Yes, looking at the diagram for the event in the BAA Handbook, the Moon was more or less fully within the penumbra and the limb very close to the umbra at greatest eclipse.

Regards, Mike.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By orion25
      What a nice way to wake! The other morning I got up at dawn to capture this peaceful pairing of the waning crescent moon and Venus. The only music you hear are the beautiful sounds of Nature. 

Enjoy,
      Reggie 
    • By Graham1962
      Well here it is. Am almost too embarassed to put it up but I won't learn anything if I don't I suppose. The original images were captured on a 2MP web cam using SnapCap. The 1000 frame avi was then processed in Registax using best 85%. Finished off in Photoshop. Be gentle with me guys. 

• By rotatux
      Gear: Olympus E-PL6 attached to OM-System Zuiko 200mm/4 at f/5 (with DIY filter cap), on Celestron Nexstar SLT.
      Capture: ~30s FullHD 30p video, 1/640s x 400 ISO exposure
      Sky: deep country 30km from Limoges, France; Dusty but no moisture, average seeing; ~45° alt.
      Processing: cvastroalign (align, stack, wavelets), Fotoxx
    • By neonblade
      Single frame, 8" Dobsonian, Celestron Neximage 5 camera

• By acr_astro
      ear all
      yesterday evening, I did a small chalk/charcoal sketch of the moon with the 3" MiniDob. I hope you like it.

Telescope: Skywatcher Heritage 76/300
      Eyepiece: Skywatcher UWA 5mm/58°
      Date & Time: April 29th, 2130-2200 CEST
      Technique: chalk and charcoal pens on black sketching paper
      Size: 4" in diameter
      Clear skies!
      Achim