Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cartes Du Ciel Guru Required Help

Stevie P

Hi Guys

I maybe missing the point here somehow,,, I have been using stellarium and stellarium Scope to control mount etc via eqascom... I have just

switched to CDC, in stellarium scope a CTRL+1 key press would initiate a goto command (this was set up on a gamepad key press), my question is, can you configure a gamepad key press in CDC to do the same thing????

Thanks in advance

Steve

My gamepad is connected wirelessly (logitech rumble pad 2), I can goto easily enough via CDC software, but would like to assign a gamepad key to do this, I have made a farily extensive internet search but have been unable to find any detail,,,, I have managed to set up a sync command via eqascom/gamepad but no success on instigating a goto... 

Hmmm

You are correct. The EQmod manual, p33 details all the button assignments and doesn't include GOTO.

A question - how would you define the target to GOTO?? To me this normally means selecting an object remotely from the telescope FOV usually on the CdC screen......

14 minutes ago, Merlin66 said:

Hmmm

You are correct. The EQmod manual, p33 details all the button assignments and doesn't include GOTO.

A question - how would you define the target to GOTO?? To me this normally means selecting an object remotely from the telescope FOV usually on the CdC screen......

Using Stellarium / Stellarium Scope select target then a  goto is initiated by a CTRL+1 keyboard stroke, on the gamepad this is configigarble (not sure thats a real word), but I am struggling to find a way to accomplish this in  CDC .....

1 minute ago, Merlin66 said:

OK

There doesn't seem to be a shorthand hot key for GOTO commands in CdC.

You need to select the object then right click/telescope/GOTO

Thank You for looking, into this.  Thats the same conclusion I came too, after spending a good part of today searching, oh well a little more effort required....

Archived