Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader mpcc III spacer

alacant

Hi everyone. My mpcc 2.5mm spacer ring -the one with the writing on it- does not screw right up against my canon t2 adaptor. Screwed fully home, I can rotate the spacer toward the adaptor . There's about a 1mm gap. Cold anyone confirm this for me? I would have thought that the spacer has to be tight up against the adaptor to get the required spacing. TIA.

5 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi everyone. My mpcc 2.5mm spacer ring -the one with the writing on it- does not screw right up against my canon t2 adaptor. Screwed fully home, I can rotate the spacer toward the adaptor . There's about a 1mm gap. Cold anyone confirm this for me? I would have thought that the spacer has to be tight up against the adaptor to get the required spacing. TIA.

Mine is the same.

Funnily enough I noticed this just yesterday and I would assume it should as you say screw up tight.

Just measured it and the 48mm thread protrudes a further 0.5mm when the ring is fitted.

Which would imply, as per your other MPCC spacing thread, that with the t-rings being equal, a 48mm t-ring and a 3mm spacer should provide exactly the same spacing as a 42mm t-ring with or without the 2.5mm baader ring which in actual fact just protects the 48mm thread and provides no spacing at all.

Hope that makes sense.

1 hour ago, richyrich_one said:

Hope that makes sense.

Perfectly and thanks for taking the time to confirm: the spacer ring is FWOABW 'decoration'.  My latest purchase has been calipers to put some figures to the art. It looks like my m48 ring is around 1mm thicker than my t2. Hoping the new device will take away some of the guesswork...

Archived