Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2237

PaulB

Hi Guy's,
Took this picture of NGC 2237 last Thursday 26th January from my home observatory, here in Cheshire UK.
It is a 3hr exposure using 60 x 180 second frames. These were captured using a 200mm Pentacon lens and modified Canon EOS 1000D. The camera was riding piggyback on my Losmandy G11.

Darks-Flats added to the stack. Then processed in ST- AA and CS. 

Rosette.jpg

So jealous that you got three hours to spend in this target! The 200mm lens really frames this nicely. I think you have a green cast across the image that is hiding some of the colour. I don't know how you'd remove that in ST but there is a nice plugin for Photoshop called Hasta La Vista Green that neutralises it. You can just start to see some of the periphery of the nebula so, given the ideal location of this target at the moment, it is well worth additional time imaging (assuming we ever get another clear night!). 

Archived