Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

No Perseids in Heaven

I have sat outside in the late hours for four days, hoping to see some Perseids. On the 11th and 12th, my wife sat out with me. Last night, the sky was completely overcast when I went out, but as it was a pleasant night, I stayed listening to the crickets and enjoying the cool. At first, I was looking through the small holes in the cloud, but after 25 minutes or so, the clouds moved off to the south, and by ten past eleven, the sky was clear. The transparency was another story, however. There was darkish sky in a circle about 40 degrees across at the zenith, and the rest was haze down to the horizon. I could see the 2.9 mag star on the right side of Cassiopeia only with averted vision. Finally, my wife saw a Perseid near Vega. Shortly after, we both saw one near Deneb. At least, she saw it, and I saw something but couldn't have said it was a meteor for certain.

Two nights ago, I saw a cloud that looked like a tyrannosaurus rex, right down to the short forelimb, and the night before, I saw one that looked like the Cookie Monster. :hello2:

Next year, I think I'll go camping this time of year.

...Two nights ago, I saw a cloud that looked like a tyrannosaurus rex, right down to the short forelimb, and the night before, I saw one that looked like the Cookie Monster. :clouds1:

Who needs TV when you can make your own entertainment? :hello2:

Archived