Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another Orion

My first widefieild image with an old Takumar 28mm F3.5.  I stopped the lens down to F4 in an attempt to get reasonably sharp stars to the edge of the frame, it didn't work so cropped the image to about 60%.

I think I'll stop it down to F5 or F8 next time, which is slow but probably worth it for better star shapes.

Orion_20170120.JPG

9 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Lovely shot, plenty to look at! I really like the diff spikes around the brighter stars. I also have a 28mm takumar and it's truly awful in the corners, even at f5.6. Its gone into a drawer, probably never to be used again! 

Oh dear not really what I won't to hear.:sad2:

55 minutes ago, Devon_Demon said:

Well I think it looks great , I love the way the California neb stands out and I have this thing for dark lanes in wide field shots.

regards

graham

Thanks Graham.

I like wide shots too but not @F8 so I'm going to look out for another old classic wide angle lens that I can use instead.

Archived