California Neb area wide

Just 4 x 120 s stack no calibration frames Canon 6 D @ 35mm captured  in nebulosity 4 played with in pixinsight .

i know i need more subs and calibration frames but was just seeing what was in that area for a good long session next time.

Down sized and destroyed to PNG for posting here.

Graham

star field. png.png

Thanks 

i love my 6 D it is an amazing camera, very sensitive and clean low noise,been using nebulosity 4 with my asi 1600 Osc but wanted to try with the 6 D so just pointed camera at random place in sky to see how it performed. Trouble is I also have an Olympus omd mk 2 4/3 that is a fantastic camera  and half the size of the canon and I find easyer to use for a carry around type of use

also and want to see how well that does as well...!!!

too many cameras not enough clear sky lol

regards

graham

i must admit that I prefer doing wide fields to deep sky imaging, more focal lengths to choose from for different fields of view plus you can use your lenses for day time photography also.

and I find it more satisfying , I'm lucky to live and work in Devon so I'm never far from dark sky's 

so basically I'm taking a step backwards 

regards

graham

Great shot, there's just so much sky to look at with a 35mm lens! 

Just taking my first tentative steps into wide field imaging myself. I find my best/nearest dark skies are in the Mendips (I'm in Bristol). Where abouts do you travel to for your dark skies?

I was considering a clip in CLS or UHC filter for lp reduction but I reckon the money is best put in the petrol tank. Haven't been down to Exmoor to do some  imaging yet but I'm planning on it. 

Thanks guys

im lucky enough to live in Torbay and my back garden is very dark especially after 12 o'clock as council turn off all street lamps ?

I work on the roads mostly at nighttime mainly the A30/A38 from Exeter to cornwall so am putting together a lightweight rig to keep in the back of my car..!!! It gets almost black on the moors and when clear the milky way just jumps out.

regards

graham

Archived