NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 1333, still another hour added

simmo39

Little change really but thought i would post the latest attempt. Now touching 12 hours 30 mins. Dont think i will be able to add anymore this year as it is heading towards the street lamps at the top of my road ( i knew there was a reason for those trees i had removed! ) . All taken with modded canon and my trusty SW 130 pds. any tips and help welcome.

redo1_filtered_zpsb8vfbnwf.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hi,

Ive just sent my canon 1300D off for modding. Do you have any details of settings and exposures you used for it? My understanding is the modding will reduce exposure time drastically, so I was a bit surprised by the total of 12hours you stated?

Regards

15 minutes ago, MartinFlower said:

Hi,

Ive just sent my canon 1300D off for modding. Do you have any details of settings and exposures you used for it? My understanding is the modding will reduce exposure time drastically, so I was a bit surprised by the total of 12hours you stated?

Regards

Hi Vacume, I think modding helps a little with exposure but this target is very faint a bit to faint really for DSLR. On most faint fuzzys using a DSLR 5 to 6 mins exposures at 800iso will get you someting. I normally try for at least an hours worth of subs with more the better. Its all a bit experimental but  that should get you started.

To be honest you normally have to double your total exposure to get significant improvement in image quality so as you are already at 12 hours you would have to grab another 12 to get a really significant improvement. I have never attempted this. But from what little I know of the target this is an impressive result. 

Your stars are looking a tad fuzzy. Perhaps you could get a better result by rejecting a higher percentage of your subs? I tend to get that effect when I integrate some lower quality subs into the stack. 

28 minutes ago, Adam J said:

To be honest you normally have to double your total exposure to get significant improvement in image quality so as you are already at 12 hours you would have to grab another 12 to get a really significant improvement. I have never attempted this. But from what little I know of the target this is an impressive result. 

Your stars are looking a tad fuzzy. Perhaps you could get a better result by rejecting a higher percentage of your subs? I tend to get that effect when I integrate some lower quality subs into the stack. 

Hi Adam, Yep think you are right. My problem is after fighting to get the subs Im loathed to get rid of them lol. Also i think i was a bit over zealous with my use of Neat image to reduce noise. If over used it makes the stars a tad fuzzy. Still a good programme to have though.

Archived