Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 up close in narrowband.

RobH

5 HOURS! Well that's like downing a pint of Carlsberg in front of a man dying of thirst. I haven't had 5 hours in total over the past 2 months. Very very jealous here. You've used the time well Rob and it's a cracking image. Very interested to know whether the Hbeta added much to this image or not.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob. I owe you an apology. When you asked me about this Image, I was under the Impression I had contributed to the thread. Due to Martin posting just now, I have just gone through all the posts, and I hadn't posted at all. I distinctly remember reading it all, and I must have been formulating my reply in my mind, but did not actually put it on the board. The reason is probably that I had bought some Internet time in a small Cafe just off Tottenham Court Road, and I only paid a quid for an hour. I probably did not have enough time left to write a response and post it. I had made that quid last over three visits. :hello2:

Now that may sound like a made up story, but it is the honest truth.

By the way, your Image is everything I said, plus everyone Else's plaudits too.

Ron. :clouds1:

Rob

I showed your image to Sir Patrick Saturday evening, he said that is quite amazing the amount of detail you have achieved it’s very nice.

Now that really is an honour....he must have seen a few shots in his time :-)

Martin, I'll post the 3 different filtered images in the next day or so, then you can make a proper comparison of the H-beta component.

To be honest, it's pretty faint in that band, very strong in OIII and Ha. Using H-beta as blue though really helps with the colour I find.

Cheers

Rob

Archived