Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

rosette with 500nm long pass

alacant

Hi everyone. An experiment with a €6 wratten filter that worked quite well. Apart from overdoing the ST deconvolution and forgetting to apply the mask to the bright stars, I think this has worked well enough to persue. 700d on a Bresser ar102s for around an hour, processed from StarTools LRGB. rosette-longpass.jpgMy first contribution to affordable AP for 2017!

I think that worked quite well, I assume its combined with an IR cut of some description in the camera? I am guessing that part of the star issue is lack of any anti reflection coatings on the filter, that might cause major issues with longer exposures - but still not bad for the cost. 

Hi. Good point. I find that the ir filter on my modified 700d is weak. It benefits from a second ir cut in the imaging train. I didn't have it for this one. That combined with my failure to mask the stars before the big hammer of the ST decon has ringed the stars I think. Too many variables to evaluate properly...

Archived