Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1.25" Hotech laser/Paralizer

Ok,  I'll do my best to keep this short and sweet.

I've recently bought a 1.25" Hotech laser which in itself is excellent. The only problem I have is due to the raised edge on the top of the HG Paraliser it's rather tricky to turn the sca collar on the hotech when your hands are either covered and/or freezing.  Has anyone else encountered this and if so did you just get on with it or did you change your paraliser to a flat top SCA e.g. Orion.

Hope to hear from at least one person, just so I know it's not me being overly picky. 

Clear skies

Ally

Don't they both serve the same purpose?  Since the Parallizer is supposed to centre whatever you put in it you could just tighten up on that.

I use a Baader click lock with my Hotech as that applies pressure from all sides as well.  The Hotech SCA is a bit fiddly with gloves on, I can imagine how the Parallizer makes it even more so.

25 minutes ago, D4N said:

Don't they both serve the same purpose?  Since the Parallizer is supposed to centre whatever you put in it you could just tighten up on that.

I use a Baader click lock with my Hotech as that applies pressure from all sides as well.  The Hotech SCA is a bit fiddly with gloves on, I can imagine how the Parallizer makes it even more so.

I went with the hotech because it had excellent reviews for not needing collimation itself,  or at least very rarely needing collimation.  The sca that comes as standard with a hotech was just an added bonus.  I suppose I could just continue to use the paraliser in conjunction with the hotech laser but not use the supplied sca as you mentioned. 

Archived