Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophotography beginner

Surfer

Hi all,

I'm looking to start the basic basics with astrophotography. Currently have a Skywatchers Dobsonian 200P & a Canon 100D camera.

i know I'm limited with what I can photograph so will mainly be sticking with the moon & other planets just now.

I'm looking for information on a t ring & t ring adapter to connect camera to telescope? Are these ones in the photo the correct ones?

Any info is appreciated

Cheers

Craig

IMG_5493.PNG

52 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

You won't need the second item. The focuser on the telescope has a direct camera attachment.

Hi there. Thanks for the info & the video. Video was great by the way. 

Much appreciated

I bought a  Solomark 1.25" Universal Camera Adapter Extension Tube  from ebay for £16

It allows me to do both prime focus and eyepiece projection (by dropping in an eyepiece) or I can add my barlow lens to the set up as well!

I don't really know what I am doing! But have managed to take photos of the Moon and Jupiter + 4 moons using my Nexstar 4SE & Pentax K5

(I only got the 4SE for Xmas '16 so really am very new to this)

You will need a camera specific T2 mount in addition but I managed to pick one up for £4. So for £20 I managed to turn the 4SE into a huge telephoto lens.

Bracketing your focus will help as it's very difficult via a camera. I have (just) printed a bahtinov focusing mask so will give this a try when I get some clear skies.

The pics below were taken in the last couple of weeks since Xmas - the moon - via the prime focus method and Jupiter via eyepiece projection with 9mm Plossl.

The bottom line.............grab some gear and have a go!

Cheers

MZ 

Moon-.jpg

Jupiter-0515-2.jpg

Archived