NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another M42 ...... Yawn, yawn!

swag72

You're right Sara, the Ha makes for a poor Lum channel on M42 if used alone - the Running Man certainly is unrecognisable as can be seen in my current effort:

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae183/ChrisLX200/Astro - Images G4-16000/HDR ST PI PS_zpsicy3s8t1.jpg~original

However, it does appear to add something when layered on top, in desperation I nicked your LRGB data to play with! (I won't post the result though...) :)

ChrisH

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, swag72 said:

not least because I rarely do RGB images as I prefer narrowband

If anything this should be encouragement for you to do more as clearly more than capable at it.  Spain's 3rd largest city 20-30k away, that sounds like a luxury and should not put you off 20k south of Brum and 5K of Worcester here.  As long as i get lum high in the Sky presents no real issues though.  Darker skies will be better of course but comparatively would rather be in your position!  Hopefully be out there in Spain soon once the final approvals are sorted though.....

Archived