NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus is Bright...

Stub Mandrel

The 130P-DS isn't ideal for planetary, especially with bigish DSLR pixels. But I was setting up for DSOs and got the chance of a few dozen frames. Even at ISO100 and 1/4000 exposure it's still too darn bright! So one small, bright planet (yes I did RGB align).

Venus 2 Jan 2017.jpg

8 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The 130P-DS isn't ideal for planetary, especially with bigish DSLR pixels. But I was setting up for DSOs and got the chance of a few dozen frames. Even at ISO100 and 1/4000 exposure it's still too darn bright! So one small, bright planet (yes I did RGB align).

Venus 2 Jan 2017.jpg

I also viewed through a 130p and it was that bright it was almost blinding although I used x26 and x65 my viewing was a lot clearer then ur image what mag did you have on this?

Mag is meaningless for photography, I was using 580mm focal length. The image is with 3x drizzle so you can imagine how tiny it was on the sensor. If I was using the 150PL with the barlow and lifecam (smaller pixels) it would have been much larger and sharper, here's one from 2015:

Venus 3 (2).JPG

Mag is meaningless for photography, I was using 580mm focal length. The image is with 3x drizzle so you can imagine how tiny it was on the sensor. If I was using the 150PL with the barlow and lifecam (smaller pixels) it would have been much larger and sharper, here's one from 2015:

Venus 3 (2).JPG

Archived