NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Santa did good this year !!

spaceboy

I have to admit when it comes to Christmas I often think Bah humbug to it all. It's all great fun when your a kid not knowing what Santa has brought down the chimney but when you get older you just don't seem to get the same wow factor from opening boxers and socks. Usually I may drop the hint at what I want but this year with my recent decision to downsize my kit there really wasn't anything that came to mind I'd benefit from opening on the big day.

So the big day comes and I'm quite content wondering what edible treats, body sprays, socks and boxers I'm going to open this time. But alas I end up distinctly lacking in many of these departments. I'm not too disappointed as I received some healthy foods and a nice astronomy book I'd spotted weeks before and almost purchased. Besides the kids got loads of toys dad had got his eye on to join in playing with :D

Then before dinner out came the Christmas crackers and what should be hidden with in one? ticket confirmation for https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/professor-brian-cox in May. WOW!!! I can honestly say I was speechless. I must have looked a little bewildered as I'd got no idea Brian was doing a live tour. I'd never got something for Christmas I hadn't first asked for but this time I had got something that was a complete surprise and so totally cool. None of the usual opening of chocolates that you no longer eat due to dieting but having to look chuffed to get :rolleyes2:. This time Santa got it right on the money. :icon_santa:

I always watch Brian Cox on BBC2 when he does the Wonders / Universe series but to actually get to see him up close will be one of the best Christmas gifts I have had in a very long time.

Christmas is all about the giving (or what Santa brings to the kids). I did well on the giving and receiving. I was most pleased with what my 26 yr old nephew and his GF gave me (the newest Leinster Rugby jersey).....but it filled me with joy that he was able (for the 1st time in his life) to say to me: "Now i am earning good money, i can buy myself and others around me NICE THINGS".

That meant the world to me to know he is for the 1st time in his life in a good place mentally and financially.

I got socks,jocks and a few other things from my mother. Honestly..........i needed them.

Archived