NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 28-12-16

Bobby1970

Another object i had a go at while under dark skies in Wales. This is 60 x 60sec exposures at iso 3200 with 20 darks.

Used Sony A57 with 70-300mm lens at 250mm, f7.1 on my Star Adventurer.

I have also cropped the image a bit too. Used DSS, Lightroom and Photos on MacBook pro for processing.

fullsizeoutput_1324.jpeg

Thanks for looking :-)

A good effort.  You must be very pleased.  

If you are looking for some feedback, I would make the following three comments....  You have some reddening in the bottom left - have you access to any gradient reduction tools?  Also, the image seems a bit dark down the right hand side.  Did you shoot flats?  Finally, the image has an overall green cast.  These are all relatively minor issues that would perk up the image, I think.

If you are not looking for feedback, please ignore the above paragraph. :icon_biggrin:

Best wishes

Steve

• 1 month later...

[OT]

Get VirtualBox or Parallels Desktop.... create a virtual machine, install windows, install DSS.

... or ...

Use Bootcamp to dual boot the Mac to Windows, install DSS.

Both methods require a windows license / install disk. Plenty of guides online covering in more detail. 

E.g.: http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v9/ga/docs/pt_BR/Parallels Desktop User's Guide/32731.htm (for Parallels Desktop)

DSS _is_ Windows only - only way is to run windows on the MacBook via one method or another.

[/OT]

• 1 month later...

Archived