Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

phd2

jaygpoo

Slightly confused with PHD2. I use a NEQ6 mount and a akit 314e  ccd camera for guiding. On the setup screen my Atik camera does not appear but Atil gen 3 seems to be the only one. The mount listed is eqmod HEQ5/ Neq6 but when selected it asked for eqmod which I am not using as I have skyfi. I seem to remember being told to select the on camera mode? I want to be able to use PHD2 through other software like Nebulosity 4 so need to get the inital set up right. Any help would be great.. Jay

Hi peter and thanks for reply. I of course have a QHY511 for guiding but as  I have a atik 314e I just wanted to see what it was like as a guide. I use a canon 650d and QHY8l for imaging. Just  need to get this guiding sorted as I can not use my 9.25 scope very much unless its guided.  jay

Most people would say that you should guide a C9.25 with an OAG. I would use the QHY5II for guiding and use on camera with a ST4 cable. I use this and get good guiding with my refractors. I have used it with my C9.25 with a finderscope as guidescope and have had some success that way too as long as the exposures are much less.

Peter

Archived