Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BEST WAY AROUND THIS

brrttpaul

Ok I am at the moment taking some subs of Orion (120x 100) my normal routine (with Maxim) after calibrating is stacking and converting to colour then either Kernal filter (box filter) or digital developement (user filter again). the saving then I do manual save linear ticked and screen stretch ticked.  This time though I have the trial of pixinsight so I,m hoping to process the image then in pixinsight so would i still do the same thing in maxim or do i need to change my workflow in maxim at all

Cheers

Paul

If you are using PI then don't stack or calibrate in Maxim as this is something that PI is rally good at.

PI will work best with the raw files, use batch pre-processing to calibrate then use image registration and image integration to stack.

Hmmm having problems now, for some reason my images are coming out smaller so im not sure if its taken the images with the guide camera and not the main camera, I only noticed it as i could see the sizes on my calibration files and dont recall changing anything in maxim. arrghhh whats going on here, edit somehow I had changed the binnining in autosave from 1 to 2 doh

Archived