SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Narrowband imaging at 1422mm FL

souls33k3r

Hi All,

I was wondering, what narrowband targets are available in the northern hemisphere (any season) and fit in nicely without having to mosaic them around 1422mm FL and a particular CCD pixel size?

At the moment i'm using the astronomy.tools website to find individual targets which is a bit of a pain when you don't know the target numbers off the top of your head.

Was also trying to find an easy chart of some sort that you select the FL of the scope and it gives you the available targets.

Thanks in advance.

The way I approach this issue is to use the App - Sky Safari.  You can put all sorts of imaging kit combinations in the display section and thus project your chip FOV directly on the night sky DSOs on your tablet or phone.  You can also set a rotation factor and adjust your physical chip orientation to suit.  Here is an example of the 130PDS, Canon 5d and Heart and Soul.

image1.PNG

Archived