NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY5 II C viewing software

Hoping you guys can help again!

Im currently using the above camera as a guide set-up, and after some initial annoyance with software and drivers - seems to be doing a good job.

In a few weeks I'm going away to a dark site with some friends. Viewing via the eyepiece is great, but sometimes what you can see is limited (unless you have dustbin aperture). Getting the benefit of a few seconds exposure from a viewing camera would improve the experience.

Has anyone found any good software which simply lets you view the camera feed without messing up PHD?  On paper the camera is supposed to be able to give HD...

Any help much appreciated!

On 01/12/2016 at 20:17, Waldemar said:

You mean using the camera for PHD and at the same time for imaging? I think that is impossible.

For imaging alone you can use EZcap or FireCapture. Both are free programms.

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't be doing both simultaneously - either one or the other. I was just looking for a piece of software that would give me the best visual feed, with access to exposure settings to get the best from some of the fainter DSOs.

Archived