NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Area near Capella Widefield

Peco4321

Just experimenting and with Canon 1100d and zoom lens 55-250mm,set to 100mm on myveq3-2 mount, captured this near Capella, is it really SH2-224 remnant of a supernova or something a bit funny with my camera.  Single exposure 5 sec ISO 6400, I am referring to the green splodge  

IMG_3610 (2).jpg

Perhaps NCG 1883 Open Cluster, Mag 12, there is also NGC 1724 bit further distant, so if it was that I would half expect 2 blobs. Not sure of the orientation of your image WRT Stellarium. Also Stellarium on my tablet is liable to be at just about any orientation to reality.

Try uploading to ASTRONOMETRY.NET which should give you an idea of the field of view and orientation of the camera.

With that, enter the image centre into your favourite stellarium application, you can then decide whether it is an optical aberration (I see them a few times).

peco4321 I had this happen to me back in 2012 back when I had some very basic astro equipment, and after quite a few people editing the image it seems it was just some kind of interference to the camera chip. still have the image will post for you to compare. I am far from being an expert and was the conclusion of more experienced people here in the forum. but does appear to look very similer to me. I was so excited at first :) then :(

l

BEST01.JPG

nebulae.jpg

Archived