Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR camera orientation in cdc on a Newtonian

alacant

I wouldn't have thought that anything (mirrors etc.) would produce a 90° rotation, mirrored yes, 180° yes but not 90°...

However I have the same "issue" with Stellarium. The framing for my Canon camera and my Canon 500mm lens (refractor) is also 90° out. I haven't investigated the issue yet and intend to do so. So a 0° rotation in Stellarium produces a 90° rotation when solving using astrometry.net...

9 hours ago, StuartJPP said:

I wouldn't have thought that anything (mirrors etc.) would produce a 90° rotation

Hi: if I set the camera level with the focus knobs I have to set 90º rotation in cdc to get the correct filed of view. 0º corresponds to the camera being set at right angles to the focus knobs. My question is relating that to a reflector. Does lining up the base of the dslr with the focus knobs on a  newt reflector require me to set the same 90º rotation in cdc? TIA

Archived