NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Duke University - Intro to Astronomy course - FREE

Owmuchonomy

I completed (and passed) this course over 12 months ago.  The course was then withdrawn but is now available again for FREE.  I can thoroughly recommend the course.  It is by far the best MOOC I have undertaken in this field.  Ronen is quite engaging and very enthusiastic about his topic.  I have all the videos downloaded and still refer to them for help and enjoyment.  You can get as much (or as little) as you wish from it.  The online resources are very good and there are plenty of chances to get help with your homework!  Here is the link:

https://extend.duke.edu/courses/course-v1:DukeExtend+introastro+2016-2017/about?utm_source=courseraemailist&utm_campaign=new_course102516&utm_medium=email

Hi Mike, give it a go.  I have used FutureLearn too but this one is through Coursera. I used the free Coursera app on my iPad predominantly.  Some of the animations he uses are really clear and easy to understand.  Check out the Bowling Ball scene too!

Archived