Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Practice will make perfect

burnout

So another clearish night for the moon ...moon gives me the chance to learn about some basic settings for the scope and camera ...found out that the px 35c ccd i have will not give sharp focus with my 127mm skywatcher i dont know why ..this image is taken with my samsung nx1100 dslr.

SAM_1147.JPG

Just now, johnfosteruk said:

That's a nice start. With the focus do you run out of inward or outward focuser travel - if it's outward you could always get a spacer in there, if it's inward then nothing so simple I'm afraid.

I think its inward as i tried everything and could not get a sharp focus , what i did notice was the image was huge a lot bigger than what my samsung gives 

So a smaller sensor than the DSLR. A barlow will give you focus but will magnify even more, which is great if you want close ups and mosaics, but if you want to capture the full disc in a single frame then not so much fun.

However if you want to do close ups and mosaics etc then a good barlow will be invaluable.

Did you allow the scope to cool down? That will probably take 30 ... 45 minutes.

The larger image scale may be why the CCD is so much blurrier. Image blur from bad atmospheric seeing or heat currents inside the tube will affect the CCD more.

Archived