NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Alarm for obs

kirkster501

Is the observatory in your garden or a remote site? and does it have power? If it's in the garden with power supplied from the house you could probably use a simple house alarm kit with a magnetic reed switch on the door. A lot depends on the construction too. If it's a fibreglass shell the shutter is probably pretty secure so the only way in would be via the door. If it's a shed you'd probably have to install a switch on the roof/shutter too. Another good security precaution is a sensor light, though there'd have to be a way of disarming it when you were actually observing :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you have power in your observatory and wi-fi then you might like the Piper.

I have just installed it in my observatory... It's a simple set up... No wires.

You can get it with and without night vision, has 180 degrees view, can be viewed live from your phone, sounds a siren and/or calls/texts you if the camera senses movement plus records a video for a minute or so when movement is sensed. You can get a door/ window sensor for it that you can set to sound the alarm if tripped.  It also monitors temperature and humidity and had two way audio.

I have had it installed for a weak.. Very happy so far.

https://getpiper.com

Archived