NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

3 nights of lunar

jetstream

I have been fortunate to observe the moon 3 nights in a row and right in prime terminator position. Tonight the VX10 saw duty in mono and bino to see the difference again. The zoom gave excellent on axis sharpness but the binos at low mag gave a much better view of the moon. The powerswitch is nominal 1.3x,2.3x and 3x. My new favorite bino EP's are the 32TV plossls with the extenders giving 48x, 86x and 112x using the powerswitch. Much more mag was usable.

The Binotron 27's gave razor sharp detail and with a 3D look to it, I can not overstate the difference compared to mono enough... The terminator was heavily contrasted on some nice features again with the 10" dob, which was equalized and precisely collimated.

Viewing the moon never ceases to amaze me! and I observed for 4 hours tonight.:thumbsup:

Archived