Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I downloaded the coordinates of the next I/F at my location from "Heavens Above" yesterday (Iridium 35), but then we had unexpected company turn up for the evening, after an hour or two of usual banter i just happened to mention and explain about I/F's, Which was not a lot as I'd never actually seen one :D

After a few beer's we remembered 22:07:46 (expected event was fast approaching) Looking NNW we waited for deadline and hey presto, There it was :hello1: -1 Mag I/F.

My friend couldn't believe his eyes :shock: How can someone know that? he asked, and was totally amazed that something like that could be predicted with such an accuracy.

He was not alone, for me as well it was pretty fantastic stuff.

Boy i love this astronomy 8)

Jeff.

You ought to have had them on a bit Jeff, and told them you expected an unusual event to happen.

You would have been held in Awe for weeks, or until someone told them what it was. :D

Who was the explorer who fascinated some Island natives when he told them he could put the sun out.? He just happened to know there was a total eclipse due. I think they made him King or something. :laughing2:

Ron.

Who was the explorer who fascinated some Island natives when he told them he could put the sun out.? He just happened to know there was a total eclipse due. I think they made him King or something. :laughing2:

Ron.

Sounds familiar.. wasn't that part of the plot in "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"? (I think that's the name of it.. by Mark Twain?).

Ron.

Sounds familiar.. wasn't that part of the plot in "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"? (I think that's the name of it.. by Mark Twain?).

With Bing Crosby i do believe. :D

Jeff.

Archived