M33 and Milky Way from last night...

Both weather apps promised 6 hours of clear skies last but managed just over one before the clouds rolled in, and stayed! :blob8:

Managed to get two images that both need more data but both are acceptable, to my eyes anyway...

M33 is 5 X 10 min, iso 1600, 72mm ED-R, 100D (modded). DSS and PS.

The milky way includes NGC 7822 at top right and should also have M52 and the bubble, though I cant see them. 10 X 5.5 min, iso 800, 50mm 1.8 usm lens at F5, Canon 1200D (modded), DSS and PS.

M33.png

Better process NGC 7822 Milky way.png

19 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Both nice images, but I can't see the bubble either. Although there are several very weak Ha regions and some star clusters visible (ngc 7790 at the very top towards the left, I think).

I think i've found it. There is a small blue cluster near the centre which is M52. Bubble is just below and left of it and the lobster claw is lower left of that. I'll try and edit to make it clearer tomorrow...

Archived