Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging source CCD and windows 7 update issues

spaceboy

Has anyone had any problems using ic capture or fire capture loosing their IS camera after installing windows 7 updates ??

It has been a while since I had chance to image so it's not like I can roll back on updates to when things last worked with out issue. It could be an easy 30-40 updates so I'm not even sure I can do a restore that far back and besides the laptop gets more use than the camera so I'd rather keep the updates and see if there any other solutions available. I guess I could reinstall the driver / software for the camera ?

Any suggestions ?

I did consider this as I'm not sure if my USB are 2.0 or that is too say all 2.0 so I'm wondering if that may be a problem which updates may have emphasizes ??? I will give it a go today trying all the ports to see if that makes any difference but from memory I have always used the left side and there are only 2 too pick from so it is doubtful that's going to be the problem :(

Thanks for the reply Merlin

Sussed it! feel like a total plonka. When opening fire capture you are first prompted with a selection of cameras (including built in webcam) to choose 'connect' from which showed the DMK so thought nothing of it selecting that. Turns out the issue was here and once skipped that part and went to the main camera selection menu and manually chose from makes/ brands of cameras in the main list the problem has now been resolved. Next came the frustration of actually trying to capture anything between the clouds :BangHead:

Archived