Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

covering my OTA's with sticky vinyl and flocking question(s)

RT65CB-SWL

Hi everyone.

Please forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I am thinking of covering my ETX105 & C6/xlt in sticky vinyl as the OTA's are showing a few minor scratches here & there. Has anyone done this? or should I leave them as they are. If "Yes!" then what should I be looking out for prior to and during dismantling and then re-assembly of my OTA's? or should I leave them as the are?

My main concern would be dew affecting the area of the joint overlap if I do proceed.

...and then flocking them! - I know this has been covered, (sorry, not intentional), elsewhere!

:iamwithstupid:

Plenty of people have vinyl carbon effect wrapped their ota's. Personally I have several scrapes on my larger OTA's and I just see it as cosmetic insignificance. As long as the optics are in good order and nothing is going to rust I'm happy.

Archived