Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FITS header wrong

A batch of about 60 subs (out of 200) that I took the other evening were being rejected by DSS. I tried loading them into FITSview and they all produced a series of dialogue boxes (see image). They are not very enlightening (to me at least) as to what exactly has gone wrong.

So my next thought was to access the header file, which involved trying to get a program called PYFITS to work - but it does not want to play ball, perhaps because the most up-to-date file I could find was for python 3.4 & I am running 3.5 (one might have hoped that 3.5 would run progams designed for 3.4).

So, is there anyone who can access FITS header files, who would be willing to do so for one of my images (uploaded onto dropbox) and let me have the result? Any insights as to what might look wrong on it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

error messages.jpg

Archived