What is this for ???

Hi,

i have just purchased a new stellarvue 50mm finderscope of a member here, but neither me nor the seller know what this adapter is for, any ideas, the Finder comes with two helical focusers one on a right angle diagonal and the other straight through, and this...!!! With a female thread....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, SonnyE said:

Offhand I'd suspect a guide camera.

Hi,

i would tend to agree, but why the internal threads...? How would you attach a camera to them, as there is no thumbscrew or any other way of inserting a guide camera.... ?

On my imaging train, I have everything screwed together except for the 2" spool clamped into the Crawford focuser. It screws into my filter wheel.

My thought was to make the parts be a rigid as possible to eliminate places to change the focus setting of the components. (It works good, but occasionally the slip fit into the Crawford can slip and change focus between the telescope and the imaging train.)

To do that entails spools similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-5117-Adapter-Crayford-Focuser/dp/B000YPR28E/ref=sr_1_25?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1474843841&sr=1-25&keywords=T-thread+rings

What I did was to buy a Flip Mirror Imaging Box, and screwed my CCD camera onto the rear of it. Then screwed the FMIB onto my filter wheel, and an adapter to the Crawford.

So that was what I was thinking when I saw that threaded Guide Scope port. :happy9:

8 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi ,you can always email Vic at Stellavue,or check their website,or buy a baader adapter which is available at FLO,basically a male adapter,https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-t2-t2-inverter-ring.html

Hope this helps,

Mike

Hi,

thanks for the input, I have now emailed Stellarvue, the thread is not M42, I think it is 1.25" size....but am not sure till I get word from the seller, or it arrives..

Archived