6mm Ortho BGO(at last ?)

Timebandit

Hello. It has taken some time and a lot of effort, but at last I have managed to get hold of a 6mm Baader Genuine Ortho. These eyepieces really are getting hard to find and the mint excellent condition ones even harder. I think the 6mm has been so particular hard to locate, as at this focal range it is getting to the limit of average seeing conditions in our uk sky's on our typical night .,  And therefore  people are obviously keen to hang onto this 6mm range as there most used high power eyepieces. The example I have managed to acquire was described to me as a old new example. And I must say from first impressions it does look very nice indeed ?

IMG_20160925_180159.jpg

IMG_20160925_180220.jpg

IMG_20160925_180247.jpg

A few pictures of my latest little Ortho and am looking forward to trying this out, as in my opinion these really do take some beating as a great eyepiece☺

Archived