Finding Electronics (Arduino) Components

Macavity

For all those engaged in occasional Electronics Projects
(Arduino particularly), just though I'd share a couple of
NEW links I've found (Hope this is OK with the mods!) ;)

Beyond CPC Farnell, Cool Components, Oomlout etc.

https://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/

https://makersify.com/ (notably!)

I have no commercial links with the above! Just good to find a source
of *slightly* more obscure components outside China and the USA! :)

The latter will hopefully furnish me with a IDC cable breakout for an
Arduino MEGA project I have on the go! Limited interest here(?) but
it's a prototype MIDI hardware (VST) controller with lots of Knobs!
For a start, I'm multiplexing 48 potentiometer values as input, then
adding lots more switches of various types. Dubbed "The Knobber"! :D

IMG_0313.JPG

Looked through the catalogue... Adafruit stuff plus DFRobot. 
Surely no one here is still interested in Robots here? [teasing]. :D

No great shakes here... Bought myself a Raspberry Pie Breakout
hoping it might work with the Mega. Notwithstanding "random"
PIE order of pins, many are *commoned* to ground and +5V!
Not one of my smarter moves? lol. A useful soldering refresher! :happy2:

Potentially of use is a "Breadboard Helper" (To solder in later!) ;)

https://makersify.com/products/adafruit-idc-breadboard-helper-2x20-40-pin

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the Makersify link, I didn't know that one.

Veering slightly off topic, as you are clearly interested in audio projects, are you aware of the PRJC Teensy range of microcontrollers. They are the brainchild of Paul Stoffregen (the P in PRJC). He is also very 'audio' oriented and I understand that the Teensy has a very good audio library. I quote 'This new audio library brings 16 bit, 44.1 kHz quality audio to Arduino sketches running on Teensy 3.1.'

The Teensy controllers are programmable through an add-on - Teensyduino - to the Arduino IDE, so they are easy to use. They are also powerful, the chip is a 32 bit ARM processor running at 96 MHz.

Regards, Hugh

11 hours ago, hughgilhespie said:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the Makersify link, I didn't know that one.

Veering slightly off topic, as you are clearly interested in audio projects, are you aware of the PRJC Teensy range of microcontrollers. They are the brainchild of Paul Stoffregen (the P in PRJC). He is also very 'audio' oriented and I understand that the Teensy has a very good audio library. I quote 'This new audio library brings 16 bit, 44.1 kHz quality audio to Arduino sketches running on Teensy 3.1.'

The Teensy controllers are programmable through an add-on - Teensyduino - to the Arduino IDE, so they are easy to use. They are also powerful, the chip is a 32 bit ARM processor running at 96 MHz.

Regards, Hugh

He's also just completing new Teensys  after a very successful Kickstarter campaign.  I'm expecting my new Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 boards in the next couple of weeks :) If anyone is interested in Teensy audio projects then have a look here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Audio.html

Thanks all "kindred spirits" above. ;)

Interesting... I was actually using one of the PJRC libraries for my Sky Quality Meter!
The Arduino MEGA might indeed not be the ideal BASE, but it's a start - To some level
the "Knobber" actually works! But it could be upgraded to take advantage of this. :)

Interesting and FUN? One can certainly beat the price of commercial MIDI controllers
- maybe create something more versatile? Yet another way to dispose of dosh...  :p

"Bedroom guitarist widens perspective"? Not sure about "D.J. Macavity" just yet! :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived