Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to price - for sale - C11 forks, milburn wedge, tripod

ngwillym

Following the recent deforking of my Celestron C11 Nexstar GPS, I've got some 'bits' that I can sell, but have no idea how to price them.

thoughts welcome on the following:-

i) Milburn Deluxe wedge with keypad holder - 1" aluminium, powder coated black -  built like a tank,  - currently drilled to accept the above C11, but could be drilled for other SCT bases - see http://www.milburnwedge.com/. Its circa 2007 vintage and originally cost ~£500. Weighs ~ 50lbs

ii) Celestron Giant Field Tripod as supplied with the Nexstar 11 - 2003 vintage so showing some wear & tear - weighs ~20lb

iii) Celestron Nexstar 11 FORKS (no OTA - that's now on my EQ8) 2003 vintage. Showing its age -paint is flaking off the forks - complete with hand controller, RS232 programming cable and RS232 PC Control cable. The hand controller & motor controller firmware cannot be upgraded any further  - versions are - Hand controller v2.2, motor controller v4.6. I only ever did planetary/lunar and video based DSO imaging - it was capable of ~10 second unguided exposures @f/5 for DSOs. Weighs ~35lbs

Also - given the size and weight of these things - is it acceptable to advertise it as 'collection only' or a '1/2 way meet with 100 miles' as shipping would be extortionate.

Thanks in advance
Neil

There was a Milburn wedge on ABS recently for around £280 but not sure that it sold, they are similar in design to the Astro engineering mega wedge, but probably better, and one of those mega wedges sold on ABS for £120 plus £20 postage, last week, so go figure..... :)

As for the other kit, no idea

14 minutes ago, SkyBound said:

There was a Milburn wedge on ABS recently for around £280 but not sure that it sold, they are similar in design to the Astro engineering mega wedge, but probably better, and one of those mega wedges sold on ABS for £120 plus £20 postage, last week, so go figure..... :)

As for the other kit, no idea

Thanks - was thinking somewhere in the £150 for the wedge. i'm guessing the forks could be used for spares and at worst - I'll keep the tripod

• Ant locked this topic

Archived