Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sundogs over Nottingham

Hi

I managed to capture these "sundogs" over the garden in Nottingham this evening. Quite pleased with it as I d only read about them in the Sky At Night "50 things to see" article the day before. Managed to persuade my wife to provide sunblocking duties in one and you can see the clear colour grading from red on the inside. On the first you can see the two bright spots either side of the tripod which is obscuring the solar disc. There was some high wispy cloud around which is required to give this phenomena.

Images were captured using a Canon EOS450D with a circular polarising filter, ISO100.

7195_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

7196_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers

CP

Don't know about Sundogs but by the looks of the contrails there was a dogfight going on up there!........And as for the inconsiderate person who stood right in front of the camera as you took the second shot....... Well,I hope you gave her a good telling off! :shocked:

Cheers

CW

Archived