Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A deep Wizard in narrowband and RGB

Sternfreund

Hoi,

imaged in 4 nights with G2-8300 and Esprit80.

Did not find many other versions who got that deep to make the halpha surroundings visible. 

20x1200sec 1x1bin Halpha
7x1200sec 2x2bin OIII
7x1200sec 2x2bin SII
and each 6x600sec 1x1bin RGB

RGB Version:
kleinrgbqgv0pca396.jpg
full resolution at astrobin:

http://www.astrobin.com/264446/C/

Hubble Version:
kleinhubblevg83tswz0h.jpg
full resolution at astrobin:
http://www.astrobin.com/264447/

What a stunning image... You're right that not many can capture that smokyness around the wizard.

I for sure didn't even get close to what you pulled out of your data, especially that you don't have a huge amount of integration time - i'm stunned, very very well done!

I'm more friends though with the Hubble version. I would become very good friends with the RGB one too, but there is too much magenta in there for me as well as too much saturation (got the feeling i've got one of those 3D-Glasses on :) ) but thats personal taste...

You can be proud of those results!

Kind regards, Graem

12 hours ago, graemlourens said:

What a stunning image... You're right that not many can capture that smokyness around the wizard.

I for sure didn't even get close to what you pulled out of your data, especially that you don't have a huge amount of integration time - i'm stunned, very very well done!

I'm more friends though with the Hubble version. I would become very good friends with the RGB one too, but there is too much magenta in there for me as well as too much saturation (got the feeling i've got one of those 3D-Glasses on :) ) but thats personal taste...

You can be proud of those results!

Kind regards, Graem

I agree, both me and the wife said "wow great image" but a bit to much with the saturation and magenta, scrolled down a bit further and hey ho, Sternfreund must have heard us :).

Spot on, the reprocessed one is spectacular, bravo.

Archived