Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does anybody have a link to that M31 download & processing page?

Tim

I lost my favourites in the crash, and could really do with re-reading the article. Basically there is an unprocessed tiff of M31 that you can download, and then follow the instructions for processing it, with pics and helps etc along the way.

Anybody happen to have it????

Thanks

TJ

Thats a great link, but not the one I had in mind.

I think the problem I have is that the CLS filter is blocking the red light to such a degree, that when you combine it with a standard non-modified DSLR, the red channel shows up as very patchy, even on long expo's. The green and blue channels are fine.

What I may try if it is clear again tonight, is to remove the CLS, and take some shorter exposures, but more of them, and include them in the stack, to try and introduce more red into the image. Will that help ??????????

I could almost do with a "synthesize RED channel from green & blue" option in Noels tools, is it possible to fool the program by renaming the channels????

I'll post the results so far within the next hour, but I'd really like a lot more from this image.

Cheers

TJ

TJ,

Do you use Firefox as your web browser?

If you do I'd like to recommend an add on called Foxmarks. If you download and use it you will never lose your bookmarks again.

--

Martyn

Archived