Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with my TS-Optics 15x70 (focus not the same in both eyepieces, bad collimation?)

Amra

My TS-Optics 15x70 have a problem with the focus, and it can't be fixed with diopter adjustment. My eyes are the same, but even if I adjust the diopter all the way to maximum minus, the focus will not be the same in both eyepieces. 

I'm not sure how long this problem has been there, but I've never dropped the binos, however I have had them traveling with me for months when I went backpacking.

I have just now checked the collimation of the binos and they are out of sync in both the vertical & horizontal direction, not by huge amounts, but definitely well off. 

When the focus is of as well however is this even cause by bad collimation? 

I had have some Skymaster 15x70 binos as well where I tried to fix the collimation, but ended up making it worse, so I'm treading lightly now and asking for some advice before I make things worse.

Thanks!

TS do several 15x70s - it might be helpful to know which one yours is; the location of the collimation screws varies from model to model.See

Anyway, gneral advice would be to correct the miscollimation first then, if you still have the focal issue, reset the right eyepiece dioptre.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Mine are these: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1420_TS-15x70-Porro-Binoculars---LE-Series---for-low-light-conditions.html

I've looked into the tubes now and discovered that it's my left tube (without the adjustable diopter) that seems to be off collimation.

I didn't know I could reset the dioptre, maybe I can fix this myself then.

Archived