Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sol 5-9-16

xtreemchaos

Charl - 

Nice image!  I was very excited today to get my Solar Continuum Filter from Harrison's, and went straight out to use it.  Using the widefield frac plus solar film of course, I took aim, and peered down the EP to see the Sun there first go!  Got the mag up a bit, put the SCF on, and was both pleased and disappointed.

Pleased, because in the green image the increase in visible detail of the sunspots is very noticeable.  The main areas looked a bit like frogspawn, and there were other small spots nearby.  

Disappointed, because I had hoped to see at least some sign of granulation, but sadly No.

On balance, a pleasing little 30 minute session.  (Don't like looking at the Sun too long, even with the proper precautions!)

Doug.

hi Doug, ive been thinking about getting a Continuum Filter myself, i did have one a few years ago but left it screwed into eye peice when i sold it and the guy i sold it to was so chuffed with his veiws with it i didnt have the hart to ask for it back, granulation comes and gos with the seeing ,you might of just had a bad day for it. clear skys ,charl. 

Archived