Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky-Watcher eq 5pro mount help

Hi guys

Last night in the best conditions I've had for a while I hit a host of issues

Firstly I'm not to familiar with the eq mounts and until recently used a AZ MOUNT and I have now have bought a EQ5 pro first time I used it was no issues.. Great

Last night I had a baptism of fire with it

I set up the scope early to cool etc and as soon as I could see Polaris I set about alignment through the polar scope it seems out of focus so I twisted the bottom lens and the reticle fell out!

So I know it's a pig of a job and went through the procedure to realign

However after 1,5 hrs on my knees cranked neck and bent back I have decided this can't be done in the dark  and gave up and settled for just observing for the rest of the night

Set about switching the goto handset on and for the life of me I don't know why when it asked to resume from last parked position I input no.

That's when it went wrong  I rough aligned to Polaris through the scope and went to 3 star alignment furst star I picked was dube..... The scope went the wrong way and I mean the total opposite direction  this was to set the theme for the rest of the night until 3:00 am no observing nothing and I'm not sure what I've done wrong 

Any advice or direction of what I've done would help me out guys

Thanks in advance Baz

1 hour ago, D4N said:

Are time, date, GMT offset and location set correctly in the handset?

Yep they are now it could have been just that the American setting of date was wrong (and I was sure I checked it last night)  I've gone through a fresh calibration of the mount and I dies appear to be pointing in the right direction now I'll have to wait until the rain and clouds go to check it properly.

I have another issue now in last night I reset the handset to factory settings and it will not show up sync encoders as I says it should in the manual is this because it needs the update or something else and I can't update it as I've no damned lead to perform the task

Thanks

Baz

Hi guys

OK solved this one after going through the set up getting everything in line it turns out it was none of that

The problem was a scoolboy error of the dates in the American format and I had put it in the English format in my frustration I had checked it and not realised what I had done however I've learned from this mistake and will recognize it when it does it again

Thanks for the replys guys ?

Archived